Complete lists of elected officials and boards & commissions are also available.

Administration(765) 763-6748
The Town Secretary is a secretary to the town council and provides assistance to the town residents.
Fire Department(765) 763-1268
The all-volunteer department provides fire response and first response for emergency medical care, haz-mat and rescue.
Historical Info(765) 763-6245
Historical Information and Pictures in reference to the Town of Morristown
Parks & Recreation(765) 763-6245
Planning & Building
Building Inspector Directs and participates in the enforcement of numerous ordinances pertaining to zoning, buildings, plumbing, electrical, fences, residential and commercial building, and site exteriors, signage, grading, and the land disturbance permits, occupancy permits, special use permits, and other regulatory systems of the Benton County Code. Reviews residential, commercial, and industrial plans for compliance with building and zoning ordinances and approves all permits, conducts, and field inspections. Receives applications for all required permits and issues permit after ensuring that applications are complete and in compliance; performs inspections as required, requested, or appropriate. Works by complaint on unsafe buildings and determines if they can be repaired or require demolition.
Police Department(317) 398-6661
Redevelopment Commission(765) 763-6748
The Commission works to recruit and retain businesses in our community and oversees the Town's special commercial districts, as well as the Architectural and Design Standards associated with those districts.
Street Department(765) 763-7112
Town Attorney(317) 392-4321
Wastewater Department(765) 763-7112
Water Department(765) 763-7112

Contact Us

Elaine Goble Carlton,
Town Secretary

418 W Main St
Morristown, IN 46161
Get Directions

  • Phone: (765) 763-6748
  • Fax: (765) 763-6245
  • Staff Directory
  • Office Hours:
    8:00 am to 5:00 pm *Calling assistance for people with hearing or speech disabilities may call Relay Indiana toll free by dialing 711 or 1-800-743-3333.